- Saturday mornings at 10:45 am (practice until 11:00) to 12:45 pm. (with the bell ringing at 12:25) (Bell will ring at 10:45 to mark the start of practice and will ring again at 11:00 to mark the start of the game.)
- Approximate Ages 10-13 years of age.
- Normally, 17-18 ice times are allotted to this league.
- At least one instructor will be present on each sheet of ice to assist the team in the mechanics and strategy of the game. Any person instructing on ice is encouraged to take a NCCP Coaching Clinic (Club or Competition Coach) to ensure consistent instruction within the program.
- 15 minutes of instruction is provided to curlers before each game.
- Games are 8 ends however each game usually consists of 4-6 ends based on the speed of play.
- Team entries are accepted.
- The remaining teams are made up by the Junior Curling Coordinator from the registrations received. Each team will normally have thirds and skips with the most curling experience and the leads and seconds with little or no curling experience. The idea is to attempt to make all teams as even as possible. If possible, teams will also be formed to ensure, as much as possible, that each team had at least one instructor/coach.
- Team entries held to 13 teams only with a spare list established to fill in when needed.
- Teams are arranged based on gender for the most part. Coed teams will be arranged as required.
- Wins and losses are recorded and teams are sorted into squares during season play.
- Grand Aggregate and square winners are awarded at the end of the year.
- An Awards Banquet wraps up the year.
- We are asking that each Bantam team and their coach volunteer with the Little Rockers curling league. Each week, a Bantam team will be asked to attend the Little Rocker league to assist the parent volunteers and coaches of the Little Rocker league with running the weekly stretching session, the curling drills and to work with the Little Rockers in developing their knowledge of the game of curling.
- At the sound of the final bell, curlers finish up the end they are playing at which point, the game ends. In the event of a tie, teams shall play an extra end. In the event of a blank end in the extra end, the game will be declared a tie.
- Note: An end is considered complete and the next end is in progress when the final stone of the
end has reached the delivery end tee line.
- The thirds of the winning team shall mark the results of each game, immediately after it has been completed. The failure of any team to mark the results of their games may result in both teams being assigned a loss for each game the results of which are not received.